6/02/2012

Introducing Lessons / 授業の紹介

It's been 3 weeks since my school days started, so let me introduce the classes which I am taking for this semister briefly. Wish this info could be helpful for someone who is aiming to study acting in L.A..

Please be advised that everything below about the classes is just my opinion.

1, Acting
I think this class is the easiest one to imagine.
As of now, we are reading "Three Sisters" by Anton Chekov to create the given circumstance of each character we want to follow. I think "creating the given circumstance" is the basic of the basic in acting.
We also learned about Relaxation, Concentration, Sense Memory, Imagination exercise based on Stanislavsky or Lee Strasberg, Stella Adler etc...
We are going to study about Meisner technique, Objectives, Active Choices, Contemporary scenes and so on, from now on.
As for the instructor, he works for the theatre in Japan every year, so can speak Japanese a little bit lol. He speaks very fast, so it was hard for me to catch up with his English, but I'm getting used to that.

2, Voice
Started from how to breathe, and now we are setting right our accent of English.
It seems this work is going to be continued for a couple of weeks. After that we are going to read some text.
It requires quite steady work, but I know this class is the most important one to be survive as an artist, and I'm sure that I'm going to appreciate the instructor most.
As for the instructor, she is a Britain-English elderly lady. She is a strict woman, but has a sense of unique, so I like her very much.

3, Script Breakdown
Learning how to gain an objective understanding of texts from plays. We don't do any exercise for this clasee, but it is quite an interesting class. Though I've taken this class only few times, my perspective of watching movies have changed.
As for the instructor, he is a wild guy. He is very interesting and dashing.

4, Movement Fundamentals
This class is the artistic one!! Using my body very much. Doing from stretch to expression & creation through my body. "Feel through the imagination of body" rather than "Thinking with heads". I cannot explain well, but it requires me some kind of courage when I go into this world.
But, I think I will get used to be in soon. This kind of sense needs to be required as an artist.
Anyway, I always have a good time in this class and feel so good after this class!!
As for the instructor, she is so professional, artistic and kind!!

5, Improvisation
It is said that every Japanese actor in L.A. don't like this class at first, because this class requires English vocabulary ability. If I don't understand what the other actor is saying, then the story ends.
I don't have extensive vocabulary ability, but I'm enjoying this class very much, I mean the most!!!
This class is so funny. I can do anything I want to do. I just need to be grooved.
And not only this class is fun but also can feel the connection between the other actors. I am so impressed when I connected with the other actors by heart.
As for the instructor, of course he is a nice guy, but also he understands the joy & magnificence of acting and improv.

So, these are the classes I'am taking for my first semister.
Though each class is doing different thing, the goal of every class is same.
"To be a proffesional artist"

If you want to know more about the classes, schools or anything, please feel free to contact me!!

Toyday's Picture: It is the smallest and shortest train in L.A. It takes only few seconds for a ride and transfers us to the top of small incline!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
学校が始まってから3週間経った。落ち着いてきました。
俺がロスの演技学校について色々調べてた時、どんな授業なのかって事を書いてるところがなくて(学校のホームページとかには公式用に書かれてるけど)、苦労しました。
実際に色んな学校の見学行くまでイメージが出来なかったので、これからロスで演技について勉強しようと考えてる方のためにも俺が通ってる学校の授業について大ざっぱに書いてみようと思います☆

(あくまでも、俺の主観的な意見であり、他にもたくさん学校があるので、参考までとしてくださいねっ)

1、Acting
まー、これが一番イメージしやすい授業なのではないでしょうか。そのまんまです。
今は、チェーホフの「三人姉妹」についてやってて、自分が追っかけたい役の状況設定を作り上げることをやってます。この状況設定作りって、役演じる上で基礎中の基礎なんだなってことを実感してます。要は、役の背後に回るというか、バックグラウンドをちゃんと作りあげるというか、氷山の隠れてる部分を作るっていうか…。とにかくこれがしっかりしてれば、浅く感情や表現だけで演技するってことも断然減ると思う!
これまでは、他にリラクゼーションや集中、感情の記憶やイマジネーションのエクササイズ(スタニスラフスキーやリーストラスバーグ、ステラアドラーに基づいた)についてやりました!
うちの学校は、誰かの演技論に特化してるのではなく、色々教えるからその中で適した自分流を作り上げなさいって感じで言われた。
これからは、マイズナーテクニックや目的、演技の選択、現代劇のシーンなどについて勉強していくと思います。
講師は、毎年日本で舞台の仕事をやってるらしく、日本語が少し喋れます。いつも「オハヨーゴザイマース!!」と言われます。まー日本の人や文化についてはちょっとズレてる感覚ありますが笑

2,Voice
呼吸の仕方から始まり、今は英語発音の矯正について学んでます。
このワークについてはしばらく行っていくようで、その後に文章を読んでいくことになるみたい。
とっても地道な作業だけど、この授業が一番大切だって分かってる。きっとこの講師に一番感謝することになるのだろう。
講師は、イメージしやすい、初老のイギリス人女性。「英語は、アメリカよりも先に私の国の国語よ!」、「あなたの発音は品がないわね。」って感じ。
厳しいお方で、宿題忘れたり、うまくできなかったりすると、すげーキレ方をする。
「あー、これができないなんて、昨晩のあんたのセ○クスはよっぽど気持ち良かったんだろうね!!!怒」みたいな。
…この感じ伝わるでしょうか笑
ギャグセンスも高くて、いつも本気でキレてるんだか、ギャグなのかよく分かんない笑
まー、とにかく俺は彼女がとても好きだ。

3,Script Breakdown
簡単に言うと、脚本分析だ。この授業では、体を使ったエクササイズはしないんだけど、内容がとても面白いし、勉強になる。まだ数回しか授業受けてないけど、すでに映画とかの見方が自分の中で変わってきてます。
宿題が映画見ることだったり、本読んでくることだったりするのも興味持てる要素の一つかもね。
講師は、とてもワイルドな人です。とても面白いんだけど、結構熱い。
てか、俗語使いまくるからたまに何言ってんだか分からなくなる笑

4, Movement Fundamentals
この授業はとてもアーティスティックです。体を使う授業。ストレッチから始まり、体を使って表現したり、クリエイトしたりする。頭で考えるのではなく、体で感じなさいって感じ。
うまく説明できないんだけど、この授業の世界に入るのにはちょっと勇気がいる。
まーすぐ慣れるだろう。こういう感覚はアーティストとして間違いなく必要だし☆
いずれにせよ、この授業とても楽しくて、終わった後はいつもすっきりしてるんだ!
講師は、とてもプロフェッショナルだし、芸術性の富んでいて、優しいです!!

5,Improvisation
たいていの日本人の役者さんからはよく、初めはこの授業で苦労したと聞きます。なぜなら、この授業が英語の語彙力を求められるから。即興の授業なので、相手が何言ってるか分からず、「?」ってなってしまったら、そこで話が終わってしまうのです。
俺は語彙力なんて全くありません、でもこの授業を一番楽しんでます!!!
この授業本当面白いんだ。正解も間違いもない。好きなことやっていいから。相手が言ってることなんて分からない時たくさんある。でも、なんか勢いで適当にやれば楽しいことが生まれるのです。ノリとかが好きな人間で良かったと改めて思います笑
この授業のキーは、ただ面白いだけじゃなく、相手と繋がってるということを感じ取れること。何が起きるか分からないから、今を生き、状況・相手に完全に集中する。
相手役と心と心で繋がったと感じる時、とても感動してしまいます。
講師は、とても良い人なのはもちろん、演技と即興の楽しさ・素晴らしさを理解し、説明してくれるから素敵です。


以上が、この1学期で俺が受けてる授業です!
それぞれの授業でやってることは一見違うけど、ゴールは同じような気がする。
「プロのアーティストになる」

みたいな。まー、うまく言葉では表現できませんが。

もし、授業や学校、その他について聞きたいことあれば気軽に連絡してくださ~いっ

Today's Picture:ロスで一番小さくて短い電車☆乗車時間、数秒で小さい坂の上まで連れてってくれます♪カワイイですよねっ!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿